Wednesday, March 21, 2012

stepping out of my comfort zone

via

I'm definitely a home body. So much so, my mom used to call me a recluse back in my high school days when I would rather stay at home on my computer than go out to the mall with my friends. 

Sometimes it's hard for me to even make the decision to go out rather than stay home, where I am comfortable, where no one will judge me, where I can do what I want. However, since going through this break up and huge shift in my life, I've tried to make more of an effort to go out and try to have fun. I even went out on St. Patrick's Day. It was pretty much my most avoided holiday but when a friend invited me to go out (after an amazing dinner with my family), to a college bar none the less, I decided to buck up and make the most of it. And guess what? I had fun.

Even though some things are outside of my comfort zone, I want to make the effort to at least try them. Sure, I may not enjoy it, but at least I can say I tried it and learned something more about myself in the process. Maybe I can even work up the guts to throw my first dinner party for my amazing friends. Fingers crossed!

Do you ever try to do things outside of your comfort zone for your own good? How does it go?

No comments: