The jacket started off boring and dark. I headed to Target, bought a bottle of Up&Up regular bleach and started my project making my first mistake. I did it in my bathroom. DON'T do this in your bathroom. Do it outside. My bathroom reeked of bleach and it was gross and I had a freakishly weird sneezing fit. See, you can learn from my mistakes.
1) Outside, mix a bucket (or a trash can if you're super cool) with half water and half bleach.2) Put the bottom of the jacket (however high you would like to go) into the solution and leave for about 5 minutes.
3) Then push the jacket a bit deeper into the solution if you would like an ombre type effect. Leave in for another 5 minutes.
4) I then pushed it in a bit deeper and let it sit for, you guessed it, another 5 minutes.
5) Pour out the bleach and fill the bucket with water. Dip the bleached part of the jacket into the water to rinse out most of the bleach. Repeat if necessary.
6) Let drip dry.
7) After mostly dry, put it in the washing machine with detergent to get out the bleach smell.
8) Dry and you now have a pretty snazzy jacket!
|it's yellow because the bleach I used is yellow, it washes out|
Does this project remind you of a similar color scheme of a different DIY I did? If you try this out, I'd love to see your results.