Tuesday, July 26, 2011

taking a cue : Rabbit Hole


I saw the movie Rabbit Hole last month. I really enjoyed it. I've never really been much of a fan of Nicole Kidman and I'm not even sure why. I thought she was incredible in this movie. She plays the part of a mother who just recently lost her child in a car accident. Instead of grieving with her husband, played by Aaron Eckhart, at group meetings for couples who have lost their children, she instead befriends the teenage boy who hit her son. This movie is very raw and moving. I loved the neutrals and washed out colors. The acting was amazing. Kidman's character Becca is always seen in very comfortable, neutral clothing. Even though her clothes are tailored, they are also loose. I feel like her wardrobe does a great job of pinpointing her depression and confusion.

Rabbit Hole















Images are screen shots from the movie. 

No comments: