Sunday, July 8, 2012

going on lately...

Prepare yourself for a whole lot of randomness...

I've talked about this band previously and I can't help but share more. Mr. Gnome, my favorite band right now (seriously, I'm kind of obsessed), just released a digital B side of two unreleased tracks from their last album. I'm kind of (definitely) in love with both songs. 




My phone right now is going crazy. It restarts after every other picture I take and the only app that is working is Instagram (no idea why). I'm getting my fancy new phone tomorrow, a Samsung Galaxy S3, so I'm pretty excited about that.

Also, my car situation might be changing soon. My sister wrecked her car (don't worry, she is fine) and we are trying to figure out how to get her another one because she needs to drive to school. What might end up happening is my mom, who has been planning on getting a new car, may give her current one to me, and then I would give my Camry to my sister. 

Is it weird I'm sad about that? I've had my car for almost 8 years. I guess I have a sentimental attachment to her...err.. I mean it. My mom's car is nice and all, but it's pretty much a grandma car. The only reason I accepted her offer was because I am trying to be practical and her car has about half the miles as the Camry. Since I drive quite a bit for my job, that's pretty important. 

Work is work. My boss got a bit angry at me the other day and I was really confused as to why. Working for a family is difficult. I'm not saying my job is hard, because it's not, but it's hard not to take things personally and the whole "I'm in your house and raising your kids" thing is a difficult line to walk. 

This summer I'm trying to be a bit productive. Spending time with family and friends, working on this here blog, writing, and even giving myself some "me" time. Since I love movies and playing video games, sometimes I get sucked into doing a whole lot of nothing. I've just got to limit them and enjoy the rest of life, amirite?

I've also been asked a few times recently about William. I know I don't share as much as other people but this blog gives me that platform, no? So here's what's up... Nothing really. We are still separated and we are still friends. It may seem weird that I see him as often as once a week but  it works for us. We aren't close to many other people and we still enjoy each others company so we like to hang out together. No biggie. He will always be very important to me. As for legally, we are remaining married for the sake of his court stuff because it's a lot less complicated that way. (When I bring up his court situation, I know I am being vague. Hopefully when it's all over I will share exactly what has been going on.) 

Remember I mentioned I was a bridesmaid in one of my best friends wedding? Well check out these gorgeous pictures!



You can't see me here, I'm 2 bridesmaids over. Also, those poofs, we made those, so yeah... we're awesome
I've known these two since high school and not only watching them get married but getting to be a part of it was so incredible! Love 'em! Also, how beautiful is Amanda and aren't these pictures perfect?!



Kaylah always has the best nail polish so I attempted something like this. Of course I'm not as great as she is but I think it looks cool. 


Thanks for sticking through this rambling.


I hope you all have a lovely start to your week. 

No comments: