Tuesday, January 3, 2012

it's time


source
I don't know if it was growing up the middle child or just dealing with the circumstances I was dealt, but I have found it hard to break the habit of living my life for other people. My first reaction when I am faced with a decision to make is to consider everyone else before I consider what I want. Constantly thinking like this had made me become one of those "I don't know" people. When faced with deeply personal questions about myself, I usually respond with "I don't know" because I honestly don't know. Living your life based on what others want you to do leaves you with constant self doubt and the inability to truly know yourself.

This year, along with the silly little goals I am setting for myself, this is my main goal. I'm going to try to get to know myself, to find out what I truly want and need, without apologizing to anyone for it. It's going to be extremely difficult but it's about time.

No comments: