Saturday, July 21, 2012

DIY // studded cell phone case


Truth be told, I've always been a little jealous at the selection of cases iPhones have. That's pretty much the only reason I considered getting one for my new phone. (It was just for a split second, I swear!) After browsing the internet for some options for my new Galaxy S3, I just wasn't happy, so I decided to decorate my own. 


I picked up this case and these studs from Amazon. Again, to tell the truth, I originally tried using the glue on the back of the studs but the glue just wasn't strong enough so I pulled them off and decided to start over. I picked a translucent white case because I thought it would hide any messy dried glue and it really did. 


With the pencil and a straight edge, I marked the case to give me some guidelines and I started from the bottom up, row by row. I was kind of frustrated that my original plan didn't work and going pretty fast so my studs are a bit crooked, as you can see. They aren't so crooked they will bother me though and I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out. 


The studs are really on there, I doubt any will fall off but I will keep a couple around just in case. 

Are you going to try this? And if so, will you rub it in my face that your studs are straighter than mine? ;)

I'm off to go find something else to put studs on...

1 comment:

iPhone 4s Cases said...

Great DIY! I love it!